Orienteering combines the navigation skills of using a map and compass with walking or running around a course.
Our orienteering courses are laid out in over 80 acres of stunning South Gloucestershire countryside, complete with woodland, lakes and meadows.
As well as orienteering sessions for Schools and Parties, during the summer we open our orienteering course up to the public. Throughout the Summer we are also running Orienteering and Navigation Skills days for 8-14 year olds.
Orienteering in South Gloucestershire – Summer 2018
Spread across 80 Acres, our 2018 orienteering course provides a perfect introduction to the sport.
- Adults – £3.00
- Children – £2.00
Price includes control card, and hire of map and compass. Payment is cash only please if paying on the day, or tickets can be booked online in advance.
Opening times will be confirmed each week here and on our facebook page.
- Mon 23/7/18 – 10:00 to 18:00
- Tue 24/7/18 – 10:00 to 18:00
- Wed 24/7/18 – 10:00 to 18:00
- Thu 24/7/18 – 10:00 to 18:00
- Fri 25/7/18 – Closed
- Sat 26/7/18 – Closed
- Sun 27/7/18 – Closed
- Hot and cold drinks and snacks available (cash only)
- Toilets on site
- Large car park
Orienteering sessions start from the Moving Mountains Basecamp on the Windmill Leisure site. How to find us
Navigation Skills and Orienteering Days
Looking for a way to keep the kids occupied this summer? Why not send them on one of our Navigation Skills and Orienteering Days at our Basecamp Venue.
Running from 10am to 2pm and costing just £22.50 per participant, the day includes:
- Interactive, practical and fun workshop on navigation skills including map reading and using a compass
- Putting these skills into practice on our orienteering trail
- Squash and biscuits during breaks
Suitable for young people aged 8-14
- Thursday 16th August 2018
- Thursday 30th August 2018
For more details or to book please visit our Events Diary.