Download our Activities Price List for residential groups
We are able to offer a huge range of activities. All of our activities can be led by our own instructors, but some are available to lead yourselves at a reduced price – we provide all the equipment and a full briefing!
Unlike many centres, we offer complete flexibility with our programme. You can simply book accommodation and run all the activities yourselves, you can book a full package of activities for your stay, or you can mix and match. You may wish to go off site for a day trip, and we can recommend plenty of places to visit!
We’re very excited to be working on a new woodland activity area on site, “Windmill Woods”, which will be open ready for the start of 2019!
On Site Activities:
|Archery||Unleash your inner Robin Hood on our archery range||No|
|Assault Course||New for 2019 Work as a team to complete our assault course, but be warned – you’ll get wet!||No|
|Blindfold Trail||New for 2019 Trust the rest of your team as you follow the blindfold trail through Windmill Woods||Yes|
|Orienteering||Use your map and compass skills to navigate around our 84 acre site||Yes|
|Human Sheep Dog Trials||Fun, laughs and a bit of insanity with a twist on this classic||Yes|
|Spiders Web||Can your whole team make it through the web?||Yes|
|Cross the River||New for 2019 Can your team get across the Folly Brook without getting wet?||No|
|Treasure Hunt||Find the hidden treasure in this trip around our site and the surrounding area||No|
|Messy Olympics||Prepare for the wettest, messiest games of your life!||No|
Off Site Activities:
|Bath or Bristol Treasure Hunt||Discover the hidden secrets of our local cities||Yes|
|Bath or Bristol Monopoly Run||A local take on this classic challenge||Yes|
|Off Site Hike||Discover the beautiful South Gloucestershire countryside surrounding our site||Yes|
|Swimming||Enjoy a break from site and get clean in the water at Yate Leisure Centre||Yes|
Learn a range of new skills, with our instructor-led workshops:
|Survival and Bushcraft||Explore a range of skills including firelighting, safe use of tools, and shelter building||No|
|Enhanced Outdoor Cooking||Cook up a treat using locally sourced ingredients, and cooking them yourselves on the campfire||No|
|Teamwork and Leadership||Take part in a range of teamwork and leadership challenges around the site||No|
|Communication||Discover different ways of communicating||No|
|First Aid||Learn how to take care of yourself and others in an emergency||No|
With a range of self led and instructor led activities available, the evenings are a continuation of the day’s fun! Many of our daytime activities can also be run in the evening, particularly in the summer!
|Campfire||Enjoy a traditional campfire, singing songs and toasting marshmallows||Yes|
|Wide Games||Grab your torch and head out into the site to play some games over a wide area||No|
|Quiz Night||Perfect for a rainy night – our quizzes cover a huge range of topics and are always great fun||Yes|
|Night Navigation Exercise||Finding navigating in the daylight too easy? Try it with a torch!||No|
Moving Mountains Basecamp is part of the Windmill Leisure Complex. Groups staying with us have access to a range of activities provided by Windmill Leisure, including:
- Foot Golf
- Disk Golf (new for 2019)
- Golf Driving Range
- Pitch and Putt
Located between Bath and Bristol, a whole range of local attractions can easily be reached from our site. We can put you in touch with local coach companies, although its possible to reach many of these attractions on foot or by public transport. These are just a few:
The historic harbourside city of Bristol is just 6 miles away, and can be reached by road, by public transport, or by walking along an entirely off-road route straight to the heart of the city from right outside our gates!
- SS Great Britain – Brunel’s historic shop
- We The Curious – Bristol’s interactive science and technology museum
- M Shed – History and engineering come together in this harbourside museum with free entry!
- Bristol Hippodrome / Old Vic Theatres
We can also provide a harbourside treasure hunt, or guided walks around the city.
The world heritage city of Bath is 10 miles away.
- Roman Baths – find out how the Romans relaxed at this world famous site
- Museum of Bath at Work – learn about Bath’s industrial past
- American Museum – a journey through the history of America without leaving Bath!
- Royal Crescent and Circus – discover Bath’s historic architecture
- Prior Park Gardens (National Trust)
As with Bristol, we can provide activities to do in town, including orienteering at Victoria Park, treasure hunts, and guided tours.
Other Local Attractions
Just 1 mile outside the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there’s plenty to see and do locally
- Dyrham Park (National Trust) is within walking distance, with a historic house, gardens and deer park
- Marshfield Farm – visit the home of the our local, and very tasty, ice cream maker!
- Westonbirt Arboretum (Forestry Commission) is 15 miles away and hosts a range of activities and events
- Slimbridge Wetland Centre
- Castle Combe – you’ll soon recognise this pretty village from the big screen, and the race track is just next door!
- Lacock – another frequent film set, and home to Lacock Abbey (national trust)