Download our Activities Price List for residential groups
We are able to offer a huge range of activities – some of which are “Teacher led”, some led by our own instructors.
Unlike many centres, we offer complete flexibility with our programme. You can simply book accommodation and run all the activities yourselves, you can book a full package of activities for your stay, or you can mix and match. You may wish to go off site for a day trip, and we can recommend plenty of places to visit!
We are constantly adding new activities to our programme. Current activities include:
Self Led Activities
(can also be led by one of our instructors at an extra cost)
- Hike (variety of routes available, including the Cotswold Way)
- Wide Games
- Quiz Night
- Spiders Web
- Games and Sports
- Treasure Hunt
Survival and Bushcraft
- Backwoods cooking
- Knife and axe skills
- Fire lighting
- Shelter Building
- Pioneering and Knots
- Outdoor Cooking
- Compass Skills
- Map skills
- Alternative mapping
- Night Navigation Exercise
- Nature hike
- Bat Detector Hike (evenings only!)
Other Outdoor Skills
- Outdoor First Aid
- Teamwork and Leadership
Moving Mountains Basecamp is part of the Windmill Leisure Complex. Groups staying with us have access to a range of activities provided by Windmill Leisure, including:
- Foot Golf
- Golf Driving Range
- Pitch and Putt
Located between Bath and Bristol, a whole range of local attractions can easily be reached from our site. We can put you in touch with local coach companies, although its possible to reach many of these attractions on foot or by public transport. These are just a few:
The historic harbourside city of Bristol is just 6 miles away, and can be reached by road, by public transport, or by walking along an entirely off-road route straight to the heart of the city from right outside our gates!
- SS Great Britain – Brunel’s historic shop
- We The Curious – Bristol’s interactive science and technology museum
- M Shed – History and engineering come together in this harbourside museum with free entry!
- Bristol Hippodrome / Old Vic Theatres
We can also provide a harbourside treasure hunt, or guided walks around the city.
The world heritage city of Bath is 10 miles away.
- Roman Baths – find out how the Romans relaxed at this world famous site
- Museum of Bath at Work – learn about Bath’s industrial past
- American Museum – a journey through the history of America without leaving Bath!
- Royal Crescent and Circus – discover Bath’s historic architecture
- Prior Park Gardens (National Trust)
As with Bristol, we can provide activities to do in town, including orienteering at Victoria Park, treasure hunts, and guided tours.
Other Local Attractions
Just 1 mile outside the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there’s plenty to see and do locally
- Dyrham Park (National Trust) is within walking distance, with a historic house, gardens and deer park
- Marshfield Farm – visit the home of the our local, and very tasty, ice cream maker!
- Westonbirt Arboretum (Forestry Commission) is 15 miles away and hosts a range of activities and events
- Slimbridge Wetland Centre
- Castle Combe – you’ll soon recognise this pretty village from the big screen, and the race track is just next door!
- Lacock – another frequent film set, and home to Lacock Abbey (national trust)